Having released version 5, with spatial data storage now fully integrated, we have updated the road map for future upgrades, subject of course to agreement with the User Group on particular developments. We see the priorities as follows:
- Release a MapLink for QGIS allowing use of HBSMR without commercial 3rd party GIS licences.
- Deliver the "High" priority items that were not included in v5.0.
- Promote "cloud" provision of HBSMR for HERs and contractors, using a SaaS model where appropriate.
- Work with partners to improve HBSMR Gateway web services and other open data web APIs.
- Continue to improve HBSMR-web components to help HERs develop low cost sustainable web sites.
- Work with the User Group and FISH to ensure HBSMR is fully compliant with MIDAS Heritage and the Compliance Profile for HERs.
- Work with Historic England to update the Thesaurus Module in line with their requirements and recommendations.
- Develop data exchange mechanisms, focussing on the specific business needs of project partners.
- Develop mobile applications for the sector, to facilitate efficient fieldwork and public engagement.